This is a series of recommendation for damages to your home from clean water.
- Shut off water source if possible or contact a qualified vendor to stop the water
- Turn off power or circuit breakers safely
- Remove as much water as you can
- Wipe off water from wood furniture
- Remove or prop up furniture that is in contact with carpeting
- Remove to a safe dry area any computers, documents, paintings and other valuable items
- Keep drapery from touching wet floors and furniture
- Enter a room with standing water where an electric hazard may exist
- Touch electrical outlets, switches or breakers. Avoid electrical shock hazards
- Leave books, newspapers or colored items on flooring to cause stains
- Use your house vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Use TV or other appliances while standing in water
- Turn off ceiling fixtures or fans if sheet rock is wet
These are some basic suggestions to follow. Take your time. Do not panic and think before you do.